Training video production is an excellent way of getting important information across a diverse organisation. Whether you’re making an onboarding film for new employees, or a piece on your organisation’s Health and Safety policies we will advise on the best production techniques to ensure maximum engagement.
As one of the leading London animation studios in training video production, we have particular expertise in making situational judgment testing films – primarily as part of the recruitment process – as well as internal comms pieces. These might be training videos for health and safety, a new product or service; quite a broad spectrum.
Because of the sensitive nature of training video production, we are unable to post a lot of material publicly on our website, although we can of course share and discuss examples in private. Our showreel underneath should give you a good flavour of our work however.
We’re not tied to any particular style for training videos, it really depends on the story we’re trying to tell. Sometimes we might use VR, other times live action, although often we find training video production is particularly suited to animation.
How Much Does a Training Video Cost?
Every training video project is different – or at least should be – so there’s no such thing as a standard price. As with most creative & film production, you’ll find a big range of prices and standards of videos.
We think our work is priced competitively, but as one of the leading London animation studios we do have high standards and employ some really great talent. Our team have over a decade of working together, so we have experience of coming up with solutions for a range of budgets.
There are a few things that do influence the price of your training video that you might want to think about:
- Content. Do you already have an outline of training you need to cover, or will you need our help in pulling this information together?
- Approach. Is there an existing look and feel we should be following? Will we need to create all elements from scratch or will we receive assets we can use?
- Talent. Will the video need a voiceover?
- Location Filming. Does the project require location filming, if so, where and how many days filming are needed?
- Rights and usage. Talent and music agencies will need to know what platforms and regions you will be posting the videos. You’ll need to agree the usage rights before.
- Quantity. How many training videos will you need?
- Music. If you want commercial tracks, it’s going to hurt the wallet considerably more than if you go for a library track. Audio is super important, so don’t skimp on the sound design, either.
- Schedules. Keeping the production time down can really help to keep costs down. So if you need to get everything signed off by your dozens of stakeholders every time you amend a graphic, it’s going to really slow things down.
How Long Does It Take to Make a Training Video?
Of course it depends on how ambitious we’re being with the production, but once we have the scripts written we tend to work quickly and to schedules. If it’s just one training video you are after then a 4 weeks turnaround is common, if there are more than one video needed then we can of course double up on resources to complete the project efficiently
Live action shoots and heavy CGI can lead to longer production times, as you would expect. Over the years we have become very experienced in delivering accurate production schedules for training video production, which really helps with efficiencies.