Social Media Video Production
What is Social Media Video Production?
When you look at the data surrounding social video, you can’t really argue with the benefits of having social at the heart of your video marketing strategy. But social channels are all different, all have their own nuances, so here’s a few things we’ve learned:
- Initial impact. Those first few seconds are absolutely critical. Everyone knows this but few act on it
- Keep it short. It’s harder to be succinct but you’re going to have to try, because nobody wants your 45min keynote speech to be the cornerstone of your social media video strategy
- Consider using animation. We’ll often use a mixture of production techniques, but results tell us animation performs particularly well in social media video production
- Plan for audio off. By all means have a nifty sound track but most likely nobody’s going to listen to it. Use text rather than VO. If you’re using live action, you’ll need subtitles
- Pick your platform carefully. Each social media platform has its own benefits, standards and nuances. Easy to waste money by targeting the wrong channel
- Call to action. What do you want people to do at the end of your video? Whether it’s making a cup of tea or spending a mint on your new widget, give them a nudge in the right direction
- Focus on quality. There’s so much terrible content clogging up the wires, the good stuff stands out. That’s where we come in ?
How Much Does a Social Media Video Cost?
How Long Does It Take to Make?
- Fill in the brief. Yeah I know we all want to get stuck in right away, but this initial part really helps us establish your goals, mandatory CI stuff, and anything else grown up and important we need to focus on. Write the script and visual direction. This is the genesis of the whole film, where we get the story going. Normally we can crack it in a week, sometimes it’s two.
- Style frames & motion test. Here we hand over to the people with interesting hairstyles and alternative life-choices to do the cool stuff. We’ll give you a half-dozen or so frames at ‘final’ quality (sorta depends on the style, but normally always final) and a short motion test. Then you lavish us with praise and we get on with it.
- Full storyboard. This is our bible really, where you get to see the graphics & script all laid out together. Now’s the time to pick up any significant amends.
- Record the voiceover if it’s needed. Sometimes at a studio, sometimes the artists’ record at home, depending on the level of direction required. Either way, we get to tweak until we’re happy.
- Animation. This is the part where we go into our secret motion lab that’s in a hollowed out volcano in the Alps. It’s stacked with the most talented animators on the planet – we just don’t let them leave. They do their stuff and knock your socks off.
- Music, sound design, mix. Get your beats on and wrap it all up. This part really does bring everything together.
- Publish your social video and wait for the awards to start rolling in. OK about this stage you’re already filling out the purchase order for your next video.
You can find plenty more examples of social media videos we have made on our work portfolio page.
You might also be interested to view our latest showreel if you dare. After all that, if you still think we’re OK then please do get in contact to say hello.