What is a TV Commercial?
Animation and TV Commercials
How Much Does a Television Commercial Cost to Produce?
We think our work is priced competitively, but we do have high standards and employ some really great talent. Our team have over a decade of working together, so we have experience of coming up with solutions for a range of budgets.
There are a few things that do influence the price of your television commercial that you might want to think about:
- Content. Do you have a story crafted in your head, or do you need us to develop the script and messaging with you?
- Approach. Is there an existing look and feel we should be following? Will we need to create all elements from scratch or will we receive assets we can use?
- Talent. Will the video need a voiceover? Are actors required?
- Location Filming. Does the project require location filming, if so, where and how many days filming are needed?
- Rights and usage. Talent and music agencies will need to know what platforms and regions you will be posting the videos. You’ll need to agree the usage rights before.
- Other marketing materials. It’s common once a TVC has been produced that other adapts are needed, whether this be cut downs, different aspect ratios or assets from the TVC to use elsewhere.
- Duration. You might love your product so much you want to make a 15min film, but we’re going to persuade you to keep it short.
- Music. If you want Kanye to do tunes for you then it’s going to hurt the wallet considerably more than if you go for a library track. Audio is super important, so don’t skimp on the sound design, either.
- Schedules. Keeping the production time down can really help to keep costs down. So if you need to get everything signed off by your boss’s sister’s cat every time you amend a graphic, it’s going to really slow things down.
How Long Does It Take to Produce a TV Commercial?
Here’s the drill:
- Fill in the brief. Yeah I know we all want to get stuck in right away, but this initial part really helps us establish your goals, mandatory CI stuff, and anything else grown up and important we need to focus on.
- Write the script and visual direction. This is the genesis of the whole film, where we get the story going. Normally we can crack it with you in a few weeks.
- Style frames, storyboarding and animatics. The bit where we knuckle down and where everyone can see the idea taking shape.
- Pre Production. Our Producers will work throughout the night to organise any talent, crews and locations. Our Art Director will be working equally hard to source and design the right environment for our location.
- Location Filming. Where the team work together to make this thing a reality.
- Edit. This is the part where we pull the main bones of the edit together so the content and flow is right.
- Motion Graphics. After the picture edit is complete we’ll add any graphic design, image treatments and animation to the video.
- Music, sound design, mix. Get your beats on and wrap it all up. This part really does bring everything together.
- Clearcast Clearance. This is where we get final clearance for the advert, fill out any forms and supply any supportive documentation.
- Delivery. We’ll deliver your television commercial to approved delivery stations with all the information they need to match your advertising budget.